Hydros: 6 full weeks on autopilot

mjcoussens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Color me impressed!

With my Hydros control system, I was able to leave my aquarium on full autopilot while away for six weeks. Being able to conduct 6x daily feedings, auto water changes, monitor pH, temperature and alkalinity while away was key to trusting that my system was operating as it should.

Upon returning home, the only issue to be addressed was cleaning the tank glass. I experienced no livestock losses, only great growth from my corals. Here's a picture taken immediately after cleaning 6 weeks of growth off of the glass.
IMG_6708.jpg

Cheers,

Matt

ariellemermaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Just got back from a 4 week trip myself on full automation with Apex, no tank sitter. I think as long as you plan, plan, and plan some more no reason it can’t be done safely!

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Color me impressed!

With my Hydros control system, I was able to leave my aquarium on full autopilot while away for six weeks. Being able to conduct 6x daily feedings, auto water changes, monitor pH, temperature and alkalinity while away was key to trusting that my system was operating as it should.

Upon returning home, the only issue to be addressed was cleaning the tank glass. I experienced no livestock losses, only great growth from my corals. Here's a picture taken immediately after cleaning 6 weeks of growth off of the glass.
IMG_6708.jpg

Cheers,

Matt
Well done!

I do 4 week trips quite a lot with a profilux and reeffactory Alk testing and auto dosing.

The glass was always terrible until I invested in 25 turbo snails in a 75 gal now it's a lot less work when I get home.

Friends think I'm nuts leaving the tank unattended for so long. Lol.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back