Hydros: 6 full weeks on autopilot

  • Thread starter Thread starter mjcoussens
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mjcoussens

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
138
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Color me impressed!

With my Hydros control system, I was able to leave my aquarium on full autopilot while away for six weeks. Being able to conduct 6x daily feedings, auto water changes, monitor pH, temperature and alkalinity while away was key to trusting that my system was operating as it should.

Upon returning home, the only issue to be addressed was cleaning the tank glass. I experienced no livestock losses, only great growth from my corals. Here's a picture taken immediately after cleaning 6 weeks of growth off of the glass.
IMG_6708.jpg

Cheers,

Matt
 
Nice! Just got back from a 4 week trip myself on full automation with Apex, no tank sitter. I think as long as you plan, plan, and plan some more no reason it can’t be done safely!
 
Color me impressed!

With my Hydros control system, I was able to leave my aquarium on full autopilot while away for six weeks. Being able to conduct 6x daily feedings, auto water changes, monitor pH, temperature and alkalinity while away was key to trusting that my system was operating as it should.

Upon returning home, the only issue to be addressed was cleaning the tank glass. I experienced no livestock losses, only great growth from my corals. Here's a picture taken immediately after cleaning 6 weeks of growth off of the glass.
IMG_6708.jpg

Cheers,

Matt
Well done!

I do 4 week trips quite a lot with a profilux and reeffactory Alk testing and auto dosing.

The glass was always terrible until I invested in 25 turbo snails in a 75 gal now it's a lot less work when I get home.

Friends think I'm nuts leaving the tank unattended for so long. Lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new