Hydros and my equipment list ....

Dezbian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my list of equipment is as follows (mind you these are tentative purchases and I have not bought anything yet)
Tunze 6055 powerhead
Tunze osmolator ATO
Inkbird temp controller and heater
Kessil A360x lights
Hydros 4 controller
Hydros leak and water level sensors

Now all of this stuff has controllers so I want a way to manage all the wires so I can't see them/ they don't take away from the tank's aesthetic. I also wanna use something as a mother board so I can easily access all the different controllers

I think my biggest question is how do I integrate all this into the Hydros system? I know I won't have full control of everything through Hydros, but I can still use all this stuff with the control board, correct? Also, I'm new and not tech savvy so please explain in simple terms for me, I'm learning.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a link to the pumps that are compatible with Hydros https://www.coralvuehydros.com/is-my-pump-compatible/ . Only the 0-10v pumps can be controlled with the X4 with the right cable adapters. You can always power them on or off with the Hydros. The Kessil's would have to have a 0-10v input for control for the Hydros to control them. I could not find anything one way or the other on them. You can alway power them on and off but I am not sure how the lights would take being powered on and off since they have a controller. On that ATO the only thing you can do is power it on and off with the Hydros. Hydros has a built in ATO control though so it would not be needed. As far a the heater control you can turn that off as a backup with thr Hydros if temp gets too high. The XP8 outlets have a 8 amp maximum per outlet total 14 amp for all 8 outlets. The wifi strip has a total 10 amp rating but I didn't see what the single output rating was. You didn't mention what size your heaters were going to be.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back