Hydros button box questions

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up a new hydros controller and wave engine. Pretty stoked to be migrating away from my old controller.
does anyone here have experience making their own hydros button box?
I want to make one to control a feed mode/maintenance mode etc. and I have specific buttons I would like to use, so I just need the electronics. However i am a little confused. I have been looking at Harry’s Aquatics website , would I need both the pcb board and the breakout box, or just the breakout box? Or just the pcb board? I’m hoping someone can make it make sense!
I am also wanting the buttons to trigger an indicator light to signal it is in effect and to add an element of design to the button box. Is there a way to do this with a drive port or 0-10v port, or would I need to wire the lights to a plug and use the controlled outlets?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have checked out the DIY section on the Hydros forum. Here is a link to one thread on the breakout boxes.

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up a new hydros controller and wave engine. Pretty stoked to be migrating away from my old controller.
does anyone here have experience making their own hydros button box?
I want to make one to control a feed mode/maintenance mode etc. and I have specific buttons I would like to use, so I just need the electronics. However i am a little confused. I have been looking at Harry’s Aquatics website , would I need both the pcb board and the breakout box, or just the breakout box? Or just the pcb board? I’m hoping someone can make it make sense!
I am also wanting the buttons to trigger an indicator light to signal it is in effect and to add an element of design to the button box. Is there a way to do this with a drive port or 0-10v port, or would I need to wire the lights to a plug and use the controlled outlets?
This one you would just need the box and an open 0-10V INPUT port:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 152 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back