Hydros Control 2 , Control 4 and accessories question and answer thread.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Wave Engine is a Hydros controller specifically for flow pumps. I would think there is some communication that can happen between the wave engine and the Control 4. Hopefully one of the beta testers that have both will comment. I do know you can power the Control 4 via the Wave Engine.

They are working on it. It can not be brought in to the collective yet.

Does Control 4 and Control 2 need to be physical connected with the cable to be add in the same collective? I am thinking about adding a Control 2 to the water mix station to monitor the container as well as the ATO reservoir. I would hope I don't need to run 10+ ft cable from it back to the control 4 under my tank.

Yes they need to be physically connected to be on the collective.

Is it possible to use sensor from other control that's not in the same collective?

No..

twistedfinn967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added an ORP probe today, the process went as it should. My question is why is there no calibration option for the ORP probe? The "How To" has it for pH and alkalinity but not ORP. Am I missing something or just not understanding something?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is the normal thing now days for ORP. The calibration was removed on the Archon for ORP near the end. There was still a way to calibrate it but it required using commands to do it. The exact reading is not that important as a sudden change in what would be normal for your tank. You can always get in touch with Coralvue and ask and see for sure.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I added an ORP probe today, the process went as it should. My question is why is there no calibration option for the ORP probe? The "How To" has it for pH and alkalinity but not ORP. Am I missing something or just not understanding something?

I do not think there is a reason too.. Kind of like a TDS meter does not need to be because it is the way it test..
I am not sure how they work exactly though.

twistedfinn967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is the normal thing now days for ORP. The calibration was removed on the Archon for ORP near the end. There was still a way to calibrate it but it required using commands to do it. The exact reading is not that important as a sudden change in what would be normal for your tank. You can always get in touch with Coralvue and ask and see for sure.
I do not think there is a reason too.. Kind of like a TDS meter does not need to be because it is the way it test..
I am not sure how they work exactly though.
I guess that I expected to be able to since there's a calibration fluid. I emailed Coralvue and got the following reply from Carlos:
"Technically you cannot calibrate an ORP probe. What you can do is add an offset to adjust the reading. This is something that is coming on the next version of the app and firmware. We are currently testing it and it will be released very soon. We ask you to give us a little time as we are adding it to the ORP as well as the Temperature probes!"

I am satisfied with what Carlos had to say. Thanks for the responses, guys!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that there was no calibration on the temp but it is within .5 degrees of my Archon reading in a unheated tank that is in the garage. It is currently down to 62.7 and both are reading the same at this time. It will be nice to have an offset on both. Most controllers only have single point calibration on the temp and ORP anyway which is basically the same a an offset.

AltitudeAquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ORP probe did you use?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with American Marine. The only reason that I chose that is because it's the same brand as the pH probe that was included with my Control 4.

Also give it a few days to acclimate. The probes are stored with Low pH liquid.

SPitts6654

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody’s IOS App show the graphs correctly? I don’t see anything on my ATO level and my temp only seems to display the safe range and not the actual points for the reading.

1505F717-5D11-4532-8A38-1FA5E58AD7B1.jpeg

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody’s IOS App show the graphs correctly? I don’t see anything on my ATO level and my temp only seems to display the safe range and not the actual points for the reading.

This is some of my graphs on a iPad.

335D28DD-1AE0-4774-BE77-12D018168FD7.png

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Is this working yet?
I had this happen but it was fixed in a recent firmware update.
Did you rename any of the inputs?

Back