• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Hydros Control 4 Controller + many accessories!

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why was it a mistake? If you don't mind, I've been entertaining the idea of a hydros unit maybe two for 2 systems. Thanks
I have both a hydros and an apex. Both have given headaches here or there... hydros the main complain you will see online is with the wifi. At the end of the day, it's not entirely their fault... says on the box most their equipment is designed for 2.4ghz wifi signal... most people now are running mesh wifi, wifi6 etc so the solution for those people is get a $30 wifi extender.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both a hydros and an apex. Both have given headaches here or there... hydros the main complain you will see online is with the wifi. At the end of the day, it's not entirely their fault... says on the box most their equipment is designed for 2.4ghz wifi signal... most people now are running mesh wifi, wifi6 etc so the solution for those people is get a $30 wifi extender.
Well if that's the main issue, its not an issue any decent router is usually dual band, mine is, but other than that did it seem to be a decent system for a low tech option.

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well if that's the main issue, its not an issue any decent router is usually dual band, mine is, but other than that did it seem to be a decent system for a low tech option.
My older dual router wouldn't work with the inkbird wifi version actually. Now I have wifi6 router so that's worse... lots of my wifi stuff constantly loose connection.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back