Hydros Control 4 plus Icecap Dual plus Battery V3?

KenRexford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if an Icecap dual WiFi controller with two 4K gyres run off the new Icecap Battery Backup V3 plugged into a WiFi 4-plug outlet, plus a 0-10v link from a Hydros Control 4 for feeding Mode inclusion is a working setup?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@n2585722

Do you know?

It sounds like something that would require the Wave Engine which I don't have. I am not familiar with Icecap. I do have the Control 4 and Control 2. I have not tried to use Feed mode on the Hydros. I am using mine to control things in the garage for now. My Archon is still in control at the tank. I have ATO and AWC transferred to the Hydros at this time. I plan to move control of my DI, fresh saltwater and mix storage tanks in the near future.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like something that would require the Wave Engine which I don't have. I am not familiar with Icecap. I do have the Control 4 and Control 2. I have not tried to use Feed mode on the Hydros. I am using mine to control things in the garage for now. My Archon is still in control at the tank. I have ATO and AWC transferred to the Hydros at this time. I plan to move control of my DI, fresh saltwater and mix storage tanks in the near future.

I bet you're right about needing the wave engine.

Thanks for pitching in on the big Hydros thread.

OP
OP
KenRexford

KenRexford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I am reading, I think that the wave engine actually kills the approach. The v3 battery backup says that it is now compatible with the Icecap dual controller but not the wave engine. If that’s true, that seems to be a good reason to not buy the wave engine if using Icecap gyres. Control the gyres with the dual controller for timing and wave pattern; use the 0-10v just to integrate the dual controller into the Hydros Control feeding mode. Then, if my idea is right, I can incorporate the battery backup. That’s the question—does that setup work? The wave engine setup seems to be a big fat no, per the website.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I am reading, I think that the wave engine actually kills the approach. The v3 battery backup says that it is now compatible with the Icecap dual controller but not the wave engine. If that’s true, that seems to be a good reason to not buy the wave engine if using Icecap gyres. Control the gyres with the dual controller for timing and wave pattern; use the 0-10v just to integrate the dual controller into the Hydros Control feeding mode. Then, if my idea is right, I can incorporate the battery backup. That’s the question—does that setup work? The wave engine setup seems to be a big fat no, per the website.
You might want to try posting a question about this with Coralvue support. Or here https://forum.coralvuehydros.com/

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You can always start a new thread on the Coralvue Hydros forum.

OP
OP
KenRexford

KenRexford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally heard back from CoralVue. In case anyone is interested, the dual controller can be run off of the icecap v3 backup battery, controlled as to “feed mode” by Hydros 0-10v. As the wave engine is not compatible with the battery backup by icecap, keep the dual WiFi controller for flow pattern.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back