polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
200.gif

(sigh)

Trying to setup a Coralvue Hydros Dosing Pump (Kamoer X1 with the drive port cord) and can't find any instructions/guides how to do this online - they have long winded guides on YouTube about setting up a simple doser, but I can't find anything about setting up their own doser

appwdoser.jpg

Is anyone using these, or know of where the instructions are for setup on this particular model?

Iant419

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
200.gif

(sigh)

Trying to setup a Coralvue Hydros Dosing Pump (Kamoer X1 with the drive port cord) and can't find any instructions/guides how to do this online - they have long winded guides on YouTube about setting up a simple doser, but I can't find anything about setting up their own doser

appwdoser.jpg

Is anyone using these, or know of where the instructions are for setup on this particular model?
BUMP

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got help from hydros support, it is just setup as a simple doser and while it works fine in the end, you do have to calibrate it in a pretty archaic way compared to a normal (several years old model) X1.

Basically set it up in outputs under Basic Doser (even though the power/link LED doesn’t work and never comes on the actual unit indicating ‘link’). Then take a wild guess at the flow rate, and dial it in using the calibration test on the status page until it’s close. it’s still not 100% accurate but fairly close. I’m using it for Kalk dosing so wasn’t super concerned.

The schedules also leave much to be desired, you can select number of doses for a total amount, but not particular times (like you can easily do on the regular X1). For dosing, hydros is currently leagues behind Apex/DOS.

The led doesn’t even work on the hydros version of the x1 lol - they really just repurposed parts and dumbed it down for easy integration with hydros. I’m guessing that’s much of why they haven’t created any media around this product, they’re prob embarrassed by it and just waiting for something better with technology newer than 2015 to release.

This is a real conundrum I’ve found with coralvue/hydros, they either really think something out and craft a great product, or rush something with almost no focus/end goal and come out with a piece of crap…

If I had to rate it, id give it a 2/5. Quite disappointing for them to release a controller-operated version of their old basic Bluetooth pump with half the function, but I suppose it works and isn’t expensive. But honestly they should be charging less than a normal X1 for it.

Id hope they’ll come out with some more appropriate options in the future for being a high tech controller platform

Last edited:

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got help from hydros support, it is just setup as a simple doser and while it works fine in the end, you do have to calibrate it in a pretty archaic way compared to a normal (several years old model) X1.

Basically set it up in outputs under Basic Doser (even though the power/link LED doesn’t work and never comes on the actual unit indicating ‘link’). Then take a wild guess at the flow rate, and dial it in using the calibration test on the status page until it’s close. it’s still not 100% accurate but fairly close. I’m using it for Kalk dosing so wasn’t super concerned.

The schedules also leave much to be desired, you can select number of doses for a total amount, but not particular times (like you can easily do on the regular X1). For dosing, hydros is currently leagues behind Apex/DOS.

The led doesn’t even work on the hydros version of the x1 lol - they really just repurposed parts and dumbed it down for easy integration with hydros. I’m guessing that’s much of why they haven’t created any media around this product, they’re prob embarrassed by it and just waiting for something better with technology newer than 2015 to release.

This is a real conundrum I’ve found with coralvue/hydros, they either really think something out and craft a great product, or rush something with almost no focus/end goal and come out with a piece of crap…

If I had to rate it, id give it a 2/5. Quite disappointing for them to release a controller-operated version of their old basic Bluetooth pump with half the function, but I suppose it works and isn’t expensive. But honestly they should be charging less than a normal X1 for it.

Id hope they’ll come out with some more appropriate options in the future for being a high tech controller platform
You may want to go back and read the manual or watch the videos. The Hydros programing does quite alot with the doser. I think your criticism is incorrect.

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to go back and read the manual or watch the videos. The Hydros programing does quite alot with the doser. I think your criticism is incorrect.
Alright, and in your experience explain what I said that is incorrect about the dosing pump?

Lets talk experience rather than your pointless conjecture. Do you even have these pumps?

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh never mind, I recognize you now as the same troll that posted your baseless criticisms in another Hydros thread of mine a while back. Lol someone who runs to defend something yet has no experience using it :rolleyes:. Oh well that's the internet for ya...

Idk why you get so but hurt every time you see something critical of hydros, maybe you own stock in them or something... Oh well time to click ignore

Last edited:

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh never mind, I recognize you now as the same troll that posted your baseless criticisms in another Hydros thread of mine a while back. Lol someone who runs to defend something yet has no experience using it :rolleyes:. Oh well that's the internet for ya...

Idk why you get so but hurt every time you see something critical of hydros, maybe you own stock in them or something... Oh well time to click ignore
Or maybe I read the manual and watched the videos to learn how to use them.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

hswan1180

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

hswan1180

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got it this afternoon, very easy to set up. Had to do the calibration function like 3 times to be sure but very straight forward
20221221_182134.jpg

davidwillis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my hydros dosing, but the line is smaller than regular ro line, and the adapter is also to small. Why don't they use a standard size? How do you connect this to regular ro line?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 138 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back