Hydros triple optical ato or duetta 2 ato?

Jayguerra909

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2026
Messages
49
Reaction score
14
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so im going to a slightly bigger tank over the next few days. I currently have a duetta 2 that ive had extremely grest luck with. I am going hydros and the launch I got came with the triple optical sensor ato. Has any onr ran this ato?
 
Yes. I have experience with both the duetto2 and Hydros ATOs.

My duetto2 pump died a little after a year. Take that for what it is. I bought a replacement pump and have continued to use it.

My Hydros ATO has been great. I got it with the simple level sensor. I bought the three optical sensor to try, but I haven’t cared too much for it. It’s a bit too sensitive for my use. My ATO will cause it to report overfill after filling. This is likely an application problem not an issue with the sensor. I will probably move back to the basic sensor and use the 3 sensor for a sump high water alarm.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new