Hydros Wave Engine - No LEDs, No Connectivity

josephxsxn

Mixed Reef Peninsula
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to see if anyone had the same issue I am having. FYI I have a open ticket with CoralVue going as well now but as its the weekend no one to answer it yet.

Yesterday and Today my Hydros Wave Engine started losing its connection to the cloud and then gaining it back about 30 times in 24 hours. Then today after I stopped the pumps in the app they just wouldnt come back on for some reason. I disconnected the power and reconnected it; unlike other times no LEDs came back on, but the pumps turned on very softly. I know from prior power losses that sometimes it takes up to 30 minutes so I waited about 2 hours and still no LEDs, No connection (not even bluetooth.) Attempted to factory reset as per the manual with a magnet; nothing.. Same behavior, no LEDS and slow pumps.

Luckly I have my old advanced gyre controller abit its Random flow is terrible vs the program I created but should get me by until this gets resolved. Really sad as I bought the unit new in Oct 2020 so its not even been 1 year and it appears to be having a complete failure.

OP
OP
josephxsxn

josephxsxn

Mixed Reef Peninsula
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to update folks CoralVue support has been extremely responsive now that they're back in the office during the weekday.

They had me take apart my hydros wave engine to send them a photo of the back circuit board (ugh.) Apparently it is missing a chip that they can send me or I can mail the unit to them. Going with the option to have them send me the chip that I can install myself as it apparently requires no soldering. They did note that it may not actually fix the issue but they believe that that chance is very small. I'll be sure to come back and update everybody what happens after I get that chip and install it.

OP
OP
josephxsxn

josephxsxn

Mixed Reef Peninsula
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the fix in the mail today, installed it and everything immediately started up and working. While CoralVue was great and thier team helped solve it if I didn't have a backup controller ie the old gyre controller my tank would have had big problems. Always have a backup somewhere folks!!

PXL_20210429_191122172.jpg

This chip just pushed right in no soldering required.

PXL_20210429_192547917.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back