Hydros with Meanwell 0-10v Dimmable LED Driver

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally picked a side of the "controller fence" and started ordering all my Hydros equipment. I'm still in the planning stages, and trying to determine what all I *CAN* do with the controllers.

It's got me wondering... Is anyone using a Hydros controller to dim (with 0-10v) a Meanwell or similar LED driver? What all was required? Just a simple breakout box?

I'll have 2 sets of 0-10v INPUTS, and one set of OUTPUTS available based on my controllers.

Minifoot77

Jack of all trades and a master of none
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the gx 12 cable and did it myself there is I believe 4 channels and a ground in each cable

Minifoot77

Jack of all trades and a master of none
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was steves led interface in viparspectra lights

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally picked a side of the "controller fence" and started ordering all my Hydros equipment. I'm still in the planning stages, and trying to determine what all I *CAN* do with the controllers.

It's got me wondering... Is anyone using a Hydros controller to dim (with 0-10v) a Meanwell or similar LED driver? What all was required? Just a simple breakout box?

I'll have 2 sets of 0-10v INPUTS, and one set of OUTPUTS available based on my controllers.
You can send a signal to a Meanwell LED driver that has a 0-10v input. I already had my LED's system and I used the Meanwell LDD type LED drivers which are PWM inputs. So I had to convert the 0-10v output to a PWM output to use with my LED drives. I used some converters I got from Amazon currently but I am not quite happy with them since the LED's will not light until about 25% and they are already bright at that point. So I guess I need to make my own PWM converter to fix that.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 31 15.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 47 23.3%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 116 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back