Hydros with Meanwell 0-10v Dimmable LED Driver

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hooz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2020
Messages
2,071
Reaction score
2,049
Location
Heath, OH
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I finally picked a side of the "controller fence" and started ordering all my Hydros equipment. I'm still in the planning stages, and trying to determine what all I *CAN* do with the controllers.

It's got me wondering... Is anyone using a Hydros controller to dim (with 0-10v) a Meanwell or similar LED driver? What all was required? Just a simple breakout box?

I'll have 2 sets of 0-10v INPUTS, and one set of OUTPUTS available based on my controllers.
 
I used the gx 12 cable and did it myself there is I believe 4 channels and a ground in each cable
 
Mine was steves led interface in viparspectra lights
 
I finally picked a side of the "controller fence" and started ordering all my Hydros equipment. I'm still in the planning stages, and trying to determine what all I *CAN* do with the controllers.

It's got me wondering... Is anyone using a Hydros controller to dim (with 0-10v) a Meanwell or similar LED driver? What all was required? Just a simple breakout box?

I'll have 2 sets of 0-10v INPUTS, and one set of OUTPUTS available based on my controllers.
You can send a signal to a Meanwell LED driver that has a 0-10v input. I already had my LED's system and I used the Meanwell LDD type LED drivers which are PWM inputs. So I had to convert the 0-10v output to a PWM output to use with my LED drives. I used some converters I got from Amazon currently but I am not quite happy with them since the LED's will not light until about 25% and they are already bright at that point. So I guess I need to make my own PWM converter to fix that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new