Hydros x10 automatic water change?

kmarine

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if the Hydros X10 controller can perform automatic water changes with the dosers that come with it? Saw a negative review on brs saying that it wasn’t possible so wanted to see if others had a similar experience.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can but not with the built in auto water change regimen. You can use a dosing schedule with both the drain and fill pump as members. Enter the drain pump as the first pump and the fill pump as the second. Set it to 0 delay between pumps. You will have to check the calibration periodically since this way relies on the pump calibration to drain and fill the same amount. Right now there is a 500ml limit per schedule so to get around that until that is increased I created 8 schedules to do my water changes. I also created an output that will stop the ATO using the depends on settings on the ATO output. I also have a minimum off time set on the ATO output so that will keep it off while the pumps switch from drain to fill. I have been doing this for a couple of months now. Here is one of the schedules. I understand that the 500ml limit will be expanded in a future update. I am also hoping they will eventually allow control with the manual inputs then I will use my nitrate reading to adjust the amount of each water change using dynamic dosing.

IMG_0112.png

IMG_0113.png

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't post the settings for the output used to stop the ATO output or the ATO output so I will post them here if interested. I use a dosing pump for my ATO also. If the ATO Ok output is on it is ok to run ATO when needed. So the dependency mode on the ATO is set to off if off. I use the generic output type for ATO since I use 4 inputs to control it.

IMG_0114.png

IMG_0115.png

IMG_0116.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back