Hygger ATO Question

GottaLottaDogs

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2022
Messages
34
Reaction score
14
Location
Bay Area
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this is a dumb question. I just upgraded to the IM Nuvo Fusion Pro 20 gallon that has a black plastic layer on the sump. Do I need to peel this off in order to make my hygger ATO work? If so, how do I go about doing this?
 
I'm not familiar with that ATO, but it does appear it monitors the water level *through* the glass. If that's the case, it's not going to on an opaque tank.
You'd have to put it on the side.
 
Can I put the ATO in the display section or would that not work?
 
No*. The display section will, more or less, maintain the same height. Those depth of the display part of those AIO tanks is dependent on how much water your return pump moves and how fast the water can get through your filter (too slow/clogged and the level rises to go over the top of whatever is in there).

I don't know how married to this ATO you are, but you're probably going to need one with a float and/or (submersible) water level sensor. Something like a Tunze Osmolator.

*and it dawned on me that those tanks are black on the side too, I wasn't thinking about that in my other post.
 
No*. The display section will, more or less, maintain the same height. Those depth of the display part of those AIO tanks is dependent on how much water your return pump moves and how fast the water can get through your filter (too slow/clogged and the level rises to go over the top of whatever is in there).

I don't know how married to this ATO you are, but you're probably going to need one with a float and/or (submersible) water level sensor. Something like a Tunze Osmolator.

*and it dawned on me that those tanks are black on the side too, I wasn't thinking about that in my other post.
Maybe in the future I'll save up for a new ATO, but i think im just going to peel the black plastic off of the return section and use my current one. Thank you for the help!
 
I just looked at my IM AIO tank. I always assumed the back was black plexiglass. I see now the black part does appear to be able to be peeled off. As long as you can get it off cleanly (at least in that spot), it should be fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new