Hygger "Fish Eye" light questions.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Andamaite
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Andamaite

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2025
Messages
91
Reaction score
111
Location
Oklahoma
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a minimum of fifteen (closer to 20) years since I dipped out of the hobby, and this winter I have been slowly crawling back. I'm not well versed in the current lighting technology at all. I am aiming for a Nano of likely no larger than 10gl (under 12" tall for sure) for the display but likely less. I am a lifelong aquarium keeper so I have an assortment of standard glass tanks on hand to shave precious pennies off of my budget.

Are Hygger generally considered decent lights? Is there enough light/PAR with the 36 wat version for something of that general size range? Would it still work for more of a "macro garden" setup, or would I need something in different spectrum? Are they flexible enough for a mixed reef without setting anything on fire?

Any help is appreciated!
 
I am using two of those lights on a large rock curing tote and they get the job done! Plenty of power!
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new