Hygger marine one coral reef light 24/7 timer help

  • Thread starter Thread starter oKrazyii
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

oKrazyii

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2025
Messages
144
Reaction score
43
Location
Troy
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone here use the hugger reef light on their tank? Its model number hg173-35W I’ve had it for about a month now and I love the light, its bright, my corals are loving it but I can’t for the life of me figure out the 24/7 timer? I set the light to the white/blue mix for my fish and coral (idk if that’s better than the straight blue for coral might change that) and the I turn the brightness to the lowest possible setting (I do this at about 7am when I would like the light to turn on) and then I click the timer to go for 12hrs with the nighttime mode for extra 3 hrs. Now my problem is the light never ramps up or down? If I leave it at the lowest brightness it’ll stay there for the entire 12hrs never get any brighter and it if I set it at the highest brightness it’ll ALWAYS be at the highest brightness it won’t start low and the increase. Also when the nighttime mode comes on it ramps the brightness up? Like it starts at %10 then goes to maybe %70 in nighttime mode then shuts off rather than starting brighter and then lowering before shutting off. Am I doing something wrong? If anyone knows please explain or if possible link a video on how to set the timer correctly cause I can’t find one anywhere 😂 thank you
 
I'm unsure if people use this light. BUMP
However id consider upgrading to a kessil due to ease of controllability etc.
 
Does anyone here use the hugger reef light on their tank? Its model number hg173-35W I’ve had it for about a month now and I love the light, its bright, my corals are loving it but I can’t for the life of me figure out the 24/7 timer? I set the light to the white/blue mix for my fish and coral (idk if that’s better than the straight blue for coral might change that) and the I turn the brightness to the lowest possible setting (I do this at about 7am when I would like the light to turn on) and then I click the timer to go for 12hrs with the nighttime mode for extra 3 hrs. Now my problem is the light never ramps up or down? If I leave it at the lowest brightness it’ll stay there for the entire 12hrs never get any brighter and it if I set it at the highest brightness it’ll ALWAYS be at the highest brightness it won’t start low and the increase. Also when the nighttime mode comes on it ramps the brightness up? Like it starts at %10 then goes to maybe %70 in nighttime mode then shuts off rather than starting brighter and then lowering before shutting off. Am I doing something wrong? If anyone knows please explain or if possible link a video on how to set the timer correctly cause I can’t find one anywhere 😂 thank you
If this is anything like Hygger’s other lights, the only thing adjustable on the 24/7 mode is time of day. All the rest is automatic. If you don’t use that mode you can adjust things like brightness, but then it’s just straight on and off. A bit of a bummer, but they’re budget lights for a reason. If the 24/7 mode is too bright you can raise it up from the tank or put something like black organza or pantyhose over it to dim it.
 
Does anyone here use the hugger reef light on their tank? Its model number hg173-35W I’ve had it for about a month now and I love the light, its bright, my corals are loving it but I can’t for the life of me figure out the 24/7 timer? I set the light to the white/blue mix for my fish and coral (idk if that’s better than the straight blue for coral might change that) and the I turn the brightness to the lowest possible setting (I do this at about 7am when I would like the light to turn on) and then I click the timer to go for 12hrs with the nighttime mode for extra 3 hrs. Now my problem is the light never ramps up or down? If I leave it at the lowest brightness it’ll stay there for the entire 12hrs never get any brighter and it if I set it at the highest brightness it’ll ALWAYS be at the highest brightness it won’t start low and the increase. Also when the nighttime mode comes on it ramps the brightness up? Like it starts at %10 then goes to maybe %70 in nighttime mode then shuts off rather than starting brighter and then lowering before shutting off. Am I doing something wrong? If anyone knows please explain or if possible link a video on how to set the timer correctly cause I can’t find one anywhere 😂 thank you
https://www.hyggeraquarium.com/product/hygger-24-7-mode-reef-aquarium-light-white-blue-u-v-leds/you should be able to adj it more..
Note HG 173 on controller
Screenshot 2025-07-29 133209.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new