hynophora advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter melkor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

melkor

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2014
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
Tomah, WI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got some hynophora pieces that are mostly dead. Any advice on helping them revive?
 
Clip the healthy parts and superglue gel them to rock or frag plugs. Sps grows much faster if dead skeleton is trimmed away.
 
hyndophora like moderate light, and moderate flow. I treat them more like LPS than SPS. give it some reef chili or somethign too
 
I have a piece that wouldn't do anything. Was midway up in tank.
Now I have it lower and partly shaded. Color has definitely improved and looks to be finally growing.

Been in my tank over a year
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new