Hyposalinity

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish seem to be flashing more and more lately so I was thinking of the low salinity treatment to kill off parasites. My tank is currently a fowlr.

My question is how low and for how long can you have a hypo tank without harming fish/inverts?

OP
OP
Murica

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like possible flukes, just gonna treat the tank with general cure

OP
OP
Murica

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is against recommendations, but I'm losing fish almost on a weekly basis ever since I've started buying from a lfs.. Say what you want about live Aquaria but when I used them as my only fish supplier I never lost fish due to parasites or disease. I'm gonna do the hypo for the display cause right now I'm so frustrated with all the new issues I have ever since I've been going to my lfs, losing inverts, pods and live rock is worth it. I'm going to have to stay up on ammonia spikes and I'm going to have to monitor the tank every day.

OP
OP
Murica

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good, king of like hitting the reset button on the tank. Lost shrimp and a few snails but I managed to get a few turbos out, a crab and my chaeto. Gonna introduce the chaeto back about a month after the hypo period

Back