I’ve got Meridians over my acros!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
And I like them!! I was lucky enough to get my hands on two of these 63 inch fixtures and I got them up yesterday! Couple things I didn’t touch on in the reel The build on these is super sturdy they have a really solid feel.

Also, it’s my understanding that you can daisy chain multiple lights off the same transformer, up to a certain amperage, guessing 12-14 would be the limit, we’ll have to have clarification on that.

But anyone who knows me, knows that I can’t stand transformer and wire clutter so this is another win for me as well. Anxious to see how the coral responds.

Should also mention that I paid for these. They weren’t a gift to promote or anything like that. Just a long time Reef Breeders user excited for a new product. However, I did send in a couple of my 48 V2 use as a trade-in.:)

Feel free to ask me any questions at all I’ll do the best I can to answer.

BE895F36-E948-4115-976F-B5B3610D841B.jpeg

Last edited:

littlebeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a spectrum breakdown?

do they use the same Reef nexus app that the v2 upgraded version uses?

Any word on the release date?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is there a spectrum breakdown?

do they use the same Reef nexus app that the v2 upgraded version uses?

Any word on the release date?
yes definitely! I know they have posted some graphs on the RB instagram. Maybe Logan or Liam can chime in on specifics. Currently, I'm using the Nexus app, but I've also been informed that they have upgraded the app as well or there is a new app in the works

I think they are a few months away from official release yet, but might be taking pre orders? again they will have to confirm that.

@Reef Breeders

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you feel the spectrum looks compared to the old v2s? Did it get more blue, I was just seeing in some other posts that they reduced the amount of white leds.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How do you feel the spectrum looks compared to the old v2s? Did it get more blue, I was just seeing in some other posts that they reduced the amount of white leds.
Definitely bluer, but in a good way. Been about a week now and my corals really look good under these I mean I am impressed.

|FATHOM|

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are these holding upcoming? I'm a long time photon user from V1 to my current V2. Love the customer service. Would like to make the jump to these. I see pre-order is available on the website.

Regarding the trade in, do you know if this will this be offered to the public as well?

Thank you

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How are these holding upcoming? I'm a long time photon user from V1 to my current V2. Love the customer service. Would like to make the jump to these. I see pre-order is available on the website.

Regarding the trade in, do you know if this will this be offered to the public as well?

Thank you
dude. I love these things! honestly, super solid fixture. and yeah I think they will take trade ins but you'll have to ask the guys at RB to be sure. Either way, as a current photon user, there is no way you won't be super impressed with the meridians!

and mine are still kind of betas. they have a few more features in the actual release I believe. including independent control of each light module which is something I can really use myself.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Wow- Looks very promising but $2000 for a 63" version?
Ouch

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Cheaper the then the 4 XR15’s I put over my tank. In reality it’s in line with the multiple LED’s you would use to cover the same space.
I would need two. I currently run 6 Orpheks

|FATHOM|

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dude. I love these things! honestly, super solid fixture. and yeah I think they will take trade ins but you'll have to ask the guys at RB to be sure. Either way, as a current photon user, there is no way you won't be super impressed with the meridians!

and mine are still kind of betas. they have a few more features in the actual release I believe. including independent control of each light module which is something I can really use myself.
Awesome looking forward to them thank you!

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam I currently have PhotonsV2+ on a smaller tank and I like them. I am starting a new build 96"x24"x24" and I am really considering the Meridain. The issue I will have is these fixtures will need to be mounted in a 12" canopy so they will need to me mounted lower to the water surface. How do you feel about the spread and blending of this lights when mounted lower to the water. My photons excel mounted at about 15 but I will not have height available with this new aquarium.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Adam I currently have PhotonsV2+ on a smaller tank and I like them. I am starting a new build 96"x24"x24" and I am really considering the Meridain. The issue I will have is these fixtures will need to be mounted in a 12" canopy so they will need to me mounted lower to the water surface. How do you feel about the spread and blending of this lights when mounted lower to the water. My photons excel mounted at about 15 but I will not have height available with this new aquarium.
that its a great question! its my understanding that the optics on the new ones are actually a bit wider than the v2's so I think you'll be ok at a closer distance.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back