I am back

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I know a lot of you have been wondering patiently why I wasn't shipping and why I was not replying.

I have resumed shipping after a nasty bacterial infection that spread and killed a lot of my stock. There is a blizzard this week (Feb 14th through 17th). I will start shipping after that to avoid any delays and heating failures.

As most of you know I am a software engineer and I own couple of different businesses in Tulsa OK and do this for thr health of livestock and out of passion for the hobby.
I out grew my 3 car garage for as much support you guys have provided me. So while I was down, I moved into a retail location (warehouse).
I am open to public by appointment only.
I will continue to sell for better price as this business is not for me to make money rather provide healthy livestock to people so you can expect good reasonable rates.

3. One point I would like to influence on is that 30-45 days for qt is a general guild line if everything goes according to plan.
I refuse to sell if things don't look normal.
Please donot consider me a vendor whose job is to make money. I am very blessed in that department. I do this for the passion I have for the hobby.
if you need fish tomorrow, I am definitely not your guy. I hope the ones that value qt can understand that.

I will be available Thursday through Sunday from 10am to 5pm central on my hot line if someone wants to get a hold on me directly.
918-964-3333

Thank you
Mike Dr. Reef

aherre07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if we had a pending order would we need to place the order again or will you be working through those pending orders?

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need I am shipping from the longest pending to recent.

lafarrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the update. Glad you are doing the right thing and I will assume the retail location is a good move for you. Sorry you got hit with the infection. Happens to the best of us.

Larry101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I know a lot of you have been wondering patiently why I wasn't shipping and why I was not replying.

I have resumed shipping after a nasty bacterial infection that spread and killed a lot of my stock. There is a blizzard this week (Feb 14th through 17th). I will start shipping after that to avoid any delays and heating failures.

As most of you know I am a software engineer and I own couple of different businesses in Tulsa OK and do this for thr health of livestock and out of passion for the hobby.
I out grew my 3 car garage for as much support you guys have provided me. So while I was down, I moved into a retail location (warehouse).
I am open to public by appointment only.
I will continue to sell for better price as this business is not for me to make money rather provide healthy livestock to people so you can expect good reasonable rates.

3. One point I would like to influence on is that 30-45 days for qt is a general guild line if everything goes according to plan.
I refuse to sell if things don't look normal.
Please donot consider me a vendor whose job is to make money. I am very blessed in that department. I do this for the passion I have for the hobby.
if you need fish tomorrow, I am definitely not your guy. I hope the ones that value qt can understand that.

I will be available Thursday through Sunday from 10am to 5pm central on my hot line if someone wants to get a hold on me directly.
918-964-3333

Thank you
Mike Dr. Reef
Did you know that your number goes through to a taxi company? Also, I was wondering about the status of my order. I'll Pm you my details, but my invoice came around 1 month ago.

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you know that your number goes through to a taxi company? Also, I was wondering about the status of my order. I'll Pm you my details, but my invoice came around 1 month ago.
Opps. I will fix that.
I own a taxi and limo service in Tulsa. But I thought I removed the forwarding I guess not.
Pm me your name it's under I will send you updated info

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if the fish are on your site are they available?
Either available or can be acquired quickly.
I would assume later for now as I am expanding and moving into a warehouse and retail store.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome back, Mike!

kaceyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is good to know. I just placed an order a few days ago and got what seemed to be an auto-response thanking me for the order. I now know I can sit back and wait awhile and it won't be wasting my time. Looking forward to going this route for fish.

jtlmnop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed an order a few weeks ago. Happy to wait for quality quarantined fish! Looking forward to finishing my current stock list with you over the next few months. Thanks for all you do!!

DS5000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just clarification: the fish listed on the website have completed the QT process?

Or, after I make a purchase, the fish goes into QT?

Thanks !

kaceyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just clarification: the fish listed on the website have completed the QT process?

Or, after I make a purchase, the fish goes into QT?

Thanks !
In most cases they will need to be found and purchased, then go into QT if you want Qt. At least that is my understanding of it. He'll sometimes have fish that weren't picked up by the customer available. It's on the website,

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True,.most common fast selling fish like some.clowns gobies blennies and tangs are pretty much always in qt at various stages while more rare or uncommon fish need to be acquired and qted.
Inverts are always qted and just about ready as wholesalers sell them to me in lots of 50s and 100s.
If you wanna email me your wish list I can give you balk park time frame.
[email protected]

kaceyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to add that you don't need to worry about buying your fish at Dr Reefs. Just this week I received an order that came in basically DOA due to an error of the shippers. Before I even got a chance to ask he said it would all be replaced early next week. No interrogation or slippery small print. Very professional and straight forward.
Thanks Mike,

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your understanding,. I will be replacing your fish this Tuesday. That extra day delay by fedex probably caused the stress and ammonia to kill fish. Either way I will replace them.

robby2782

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the fish on your site currently available? I was wanting to order a wrasse that you have quarantined

lafarrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my order 4 ocelleris, a bunch of snails and 2 cleaner shrimp. Shipped Thursday night delivered the next morning and in the tank by lunchtime. 1 shrimp did not make the trip and notified Mike. Same experience as kayeco (post #17) Already have a credit for my next order.

Good news - awesome box/interior styrofoam cooler with heating pack. fish all in separate baggies and full of air. Packed tight. Bags doubles and sealed. All livestock fed this evening. Very happy and glad I waited.

IMG_2240.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back