I bought 2 clownfish that are a pair but put them in a tank with one clownfish

Cx30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I had initially bought a snowflake clownfish but I wanted to buy another one after however they didn’t have another in stock. After a few weeks i went back and bought a couple clownfish who are frostbite cause the only ones they had were couples. Do you think they dyanmic will change in the couple as I put them all in one tank. Any help would be grateful as I feel like im going to mess up the couple

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C1CE7358-9B99-4216-B0D2-3D62536A190A.jpeg

G’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hello everyone I had initially bought a snowflake clownfish but I wanted to buy another one after however they didn’t have another in stock. After a few weeks i went back and bought a couple clownfish who are frostbite cause the only ones they had were couples. Do you think they dyanmic will change in the couple as I put them all in one tank. Any help would be grateful as I feel like im going to mess up the couple
how big is the tank? Most likely they will kill off the single clown.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to agree with the above answers. Time will tell. You could trap the single clown and give the single clown to someone, so that it has a chance.
Curved R2R Welcome 3-31-23 2.0.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It has with mine and at times you get lucky but asking this question, you already see a risk.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a 24l tank. I have been watching their behaviour the last few days they seem to be schooling with each other not really fighting as much.
Welcome to the reef.

24L=6.3 gallons for us US Folk.

Imo, that tank is Way too small for what you are attempting. If you had 75G, I'd guess you had a 50/50 shot. Chances are Good, that your solo male is killed.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.7%
Back