I bought a lawnmower

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On Friday I went to the LFS to see what they had new and they didn't have much so I decided to get a CUC.
I got 6 snails and an urchin. Now I never owned an urchin before but I have enjoyed the pics of them carrying a reef on their backs that people post.

I dropped them by a small patch of GHA and 20 minutes later the urchin had 4 snails on his back. I was surprised how difficult it was to pull them off. The urchin has quite the grip.
Besides that, he has cleared a remarkable swathe of algae off the rocks in record time. I am seriously impressed.

If you need lawn care, this is your guy!!!
20210314_140726.jpg

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Urchins are an incredibly important member of the ocean. They not only consume vast amounts of algae they will feed on coralline which creates space and reduces nutrient demand allowing for corals to populate. And they are entertaining as heck, mine hops on my turbo snail and rides it around my tank.

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes im also a big believer in urchins. My two decorator urchins carry everything around and eat hair algae, corraline and the small vermentid snails!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back