I bought a red sea reefer 170 tank only

N64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R! I purchased a red sea reefer 170 today at a garage sale in the box. My issue is it was just the tank. No stand no sump no piping. Any idea how I should go about getting the piping and the sump or a sump for this. Thanks kindly for your replies and time!

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R! I purchased a red sea reefer 170 today at a garage sale in the box. My issue is it was just the tank. No stand no sump no piping. Any idea how I should go about getting the piping and the sump or a sump for this. Thanks kindly for your replies and time!
any standard Schedule 40 or 80 plumbing should work, get as many bulkheads for the number of holes, figure out what stand you're going to put it on/build, then figure out how much space you'll have for a sump, and once you have the sump design a plan for plumbing needs to be done, buy an extra 30-50% over what you think you'll need just in case a measurement is wrong or whathaveyou.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would touch base with Rea Sea, or it’s authorized dealer in your area. Should not be to difficult to access the stand and the sump, does not have to be Red Sea.

You have a nice DT, do it right.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back