I bought a used tank and I can not seem to remove all the old dust and hair from the silicone! Please help!

notthatkindareefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, first time posting, I just bought a new larger rimless 30g tank. Got it for a steal, just having trouble removing all of the dust and debris from the back chambers and on the silicone faces there is dust and hairs stuck to them. Any tips or tricks to help would be greatly appreciated. Also I have read that hair is common issue for dog/cat owners and they just keep reefin, so if that is the case I am running home and pulling the RODI out to begin cycling. Thanks!

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, first time posting, I just bought a new larger rimless 30g tank. Got it for a steal, just having trouble removing all of the dust and debris from the back chambers and on the silicone faces there is dust and hairs stuck to them. Any tips or tricks to help would be greatly appreciated. Also I have read that hair is common issue for dog/cat owners and they just keep reefin, so if that is the case I am running home and pulling the RODI out to begin cycling. Thanks!
Good luck on the cycling!!

Upvote 0

Dreamtank65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Upvote 0

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 35 42.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 6 7.3%
Back