I can’t lower my phosphate

coralcoralcoral10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve tried everything to lower my phosphate and I can’t. I am running cheminpure elite. And brightwell phosphate export. Im stuck at 1.5. Everything is fine and after a bunch of work my coralline is coming back. Is it possible to have corralline and phosphate at this level. Barely any algae in tank. Coral is fine. Fish are fine. I’m don’t know what’s going on. Any tips? Nitrate are at 12

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check it out of the tap - your phosphate might be high before it even gets in the tank. A good reason to use ro if you aren’t yet.
Also, rocks and sand absorb phosphate and leech it back into the water, so you may not see it go down all the way for a while.

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Might need something a bit stronger but absolutely check source water as stated. PhosGuard works well but needs to be monitored carefully as it can lower them quite quickly. Best of luck :)

OP
OP
C

coralcoralcoral10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You all. I use rodi water always. I want to use phos away from brightwell I have it but it says it’s for fish only and I have inverts. Lots. And I can’t find anything that is safe. Can coralline algea grow in such high phos water. Mine is coming back. I’m thinking it’s a faulty reading on api

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with above I'd double check the test and make sure it's actually present first. But I run gfo in a reactor and works great for me.. kind of messy to switch out but it's an option..

danberger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve tried everything to lower my phosphate and I can’t. I am running cheminpure elite. And brightwell phosphate export. Im stuck at 1.5. Everything is fine and after a bunch of work my coralline is coming back. Is it possible to have corralline and phosphate at this level. Barely any algae in tank. Coral is fine. Fish are fine. I’m don’t know what’s going on. Any tips? Nitrate are at 12
Following.

Im in the same boat. Have run high capacity gfo in a reactor and have used phosphat-e from BA but still hovering in .9-.19 ppm range.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You all. I use rodi water always. I want to use phos away from brightwell I have it but it says it’s for fish only and I have inverts. Lots. And I can’t find anything that is safe. Can coralline algea grow in such high phos water. Mine is coming back. I’m thinking it’s a faulty reading on api
Api test kits are trash.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 74 46.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back