sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aquariumclean.jpg

to Post a full tank shot of your tank(s) and tell me 2 things:

(1) your favorite thing about your tank (coral, fish, equipment, etc)
(2) what would you/do you want to change about your tank (if anything)

and GOOOOO!!!!!!!

Vaiodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1046.JPG

My favorite thing about my tank is really the whole equipment setup. Being my second build I put hours upon hours of research and planning into this setup to ensure a successful reef. So far I have been happy with the results.

The one thing I would change is that I never setup my auto water change system. I hate lugging the buckets!

OP
OP
sassAwrasse

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our tank isn't properly set up from the move... But here is the last full tank shot taken before we moved.

What I liked best so far was that we planned out and made our rockscape custom to our liking versus trying to make what we had "work." Also almost everything in this build was new..not like our previous setups that were purchased with all equipment included (which alot of times left us wanting something more/different).

What I like least is the big chip in the seam from our semi-recent move.

JerSaint

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1681.JPG

My "Nem" Tank
I am really happy with this tank so far overall. I like that it is shaping up to look the way I pictured it. This tank still has a way to go to become what I really want, I think it will just take time to get there.

I don't like that I have had some major losses during the build and in the infancy of this tank. Goodbye to the sweet Cato Nem that went in and quickly died off and to the harem of black ice clowns who died in qt waiting for me to finish this tank.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aquariumclean.jpg

to Post a full tank shot of your tank(s) and tell me 2 things:

(1) your favorite thing about your tank (coral, fish, equipment, etc)
(2) what would you/do you want to change about your tank (if anything)

and GOOOOO!!!!!!!
Hello this is my tank
1,my fav thing would be my sexy shrimp
2 what I would do ..is get a bigger tank with a sump ,which I have now .. second photo

IMG_2175.JPG

IMG_2253.JPG

IMG_2196.JPG

brutuscz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12.JPG
My favorite thing is that I met my original goal. To create a coral garden style reef, with most of my favorite species. Still would like a pachyseris and pectinia. But, room will not allow it at this time. Maybe some trimming will let me have them in the future.
Things to do differently....This is a standard 90 gal tank. I would have done a 125 or 150 with built in overflows. I also would not have used gravel on the bottom. I definitely prefer a sand bed. It makes the nitrate issues much better, and looks nicer.

ytsejam02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12.JPG
My favorite thing is that I met my original goal. To create a coral garden style reef, with most of my favorite species. Still would like a pachyseris and pectinia. But, room will not allow it at this time. Maybe some trimming will let me have them in the future.
Things to do differently....This is a standard 90 gal tank. I would have done a 125 or 150 with built in overflows. I also would not have used gravel on the bottom. I definitely prefer a sand bed. It makes the nitrate issues much better, and looks nicer.

out of curiosity, how long has that tank been setup??

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1681.JPG

My "Nem" Tank
I am really happy with this tank so far overall. I like that it is shaping up to look the way I pictured it. This tank still has a way to go to become what I really want, I think it will just take time to get there.

I don't like that I have had some major losses during the build and in the infancy of this tank. Goodbye to the sweet Cato Nem that went in and quickly died off and to the harem of black ice clowns who died in qt waiting for me to finish this tank.

What is that substrate??? Cocoa Puffs??!?!?!

JerSaint

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is that substrate??? Cocoa Puffs??!?!?!

It is Eheim filter media made of sinterned glass. I used it for the very large amount of surface area it provides(very little live rock in the system), and in the hope that it would be easy to remove from anemone's feet. A lot of people are using the MarinePure sphere's for the same reason. I think they are a bit too large in this system and the cost difference for the Eheim media was so much less I am giving it a shot!

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0651.JPG

Old pic but I love that I finally crossed the bridge of adding a sump to my biocube. It has the back chambers but it's really a pain maneuvering things in such a tight spot.
I dislike the size, 14 gal has made it really hard to keep SPS to which I'm addicted to. However I do have an 80 gal DBP rimless that will be setup in 2017

OP
OP
sassAwrasse

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0651.JPG

Old pic but I love that I finally crossed the bridge of adding a sump to my biocube. It has the back chambers but it's really a pain maneuvering things in such a tight spot.
I dislike the size, 14 gal has made it really hard to keep SPS to which I'm addicted to. However I do have an 80 gal DBP rimless that will be setup in 2017

Love your Zoa island!!!

chevy4w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12.JPG
WOW!

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1046.JPG

My favorite thing about my tank is really the whole equipment setup. Being my second build I put hours upon hours of research and planning into this setup to ensure a successful reef. So far I have been happy with the results.

The one thing I would change is that I never setup my auto water change system. I hate lugging the buckets!
Wow those colors are amazing! Nicely set up. So jealous right now.

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0445.JPG
What I like about it is that all my rock was free and I enjoy spending time on it for everyone to enjoy. I don't have a dislike yet but I'm sure it will come.

LeslieP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the one you got from me? It looked so happy in your pic!

IMG_1681.JPG

My "Nem" Tank

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 51 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back