I Crushed Torch coral while trying to get off frag plug. Will it survive?

gstty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel terrible about it, Such a stupid thing to do. I was trying to get a torch coral off the frag plug and tried to break it off with my fingers and crushed it. I took the broken pieces and glued them to the rock. 3 of the pieces look like the polyps are coming out. Will the coral survive?

thumbnail_IMG_0450.jpg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say it's not very likely given that much damage, but you never know.

OP
OP
G

gstty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp here is hoping at least one piece can recover. The polyps are starting to extend more so never know. Ill baby them and hope they survive. Lesson definitely learned. Be much more carful with taking corals off frag plugs.

HiggsUSA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp here is hoping at least one piece can recover. The polyps are starting to extend more so never know. Ill baby them and hope they survive. Lesson definitely learned. Be much more carful with taking corals off frag plugs.
If you get a cheap pair of bone cutters you can chip off around the edges of the frag plug using straight cuts towards the coral until it finally crumbles away or pops off. I've used this method on pretty much everything I have. You can also get a cheap dremel off Amazon for fragging and frag plug purposes. :)

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stinks. I had a nice dragon soul torch frag, didn't remove it from the plug, just glued it right to the rock and a GD hermit ripped it up and drug it off somewhere....

Ryebreadiest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the loss, most of us have an oops at some point regarding frag plugs. I clipped a micro lord off the frag plug and went too high, and the skeleton shattered.

larreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel terrible about it, Such a stupid thing to do. I was trying to get a torch coral off the frag plug and tried to break it off with my fingers and crushed it. I took the broken pieces and glued them to the rock. 3 of the pieces look like the polyps are coming out. Will the coral survive?

thumbnail_IMG_0450.jpg
lol nope

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back