I dont have time for my tank anymore and not sure what to do

Dyslexic tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After some personal events that have taken a toll on me and having to balance studies and work I'm really struggling with up keeping my tank and at this point I really can't afford to keep investing into it. (Equipment, chemicals, etc) along with that I don't have time to work on it for 2 or more hours with my schedule and even if I did I just couldn't im completely exhausted daily so I'm not sure what to do at this point. My old schedule allowed me to do so but that schedule is no longer an option and won't be going forward so I'm feeling very stressed about this all and I'm not sure what to do (burner account used for privacy reasons)

Last edited:

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After some personal events that have taken a toll on me and having to balance studies and work I'm really struggling with up keeping my tank and at this point I really can't afford to keep investing into it. (Equipment, chemicals, etc) along with that I don't have time to work on it for 2 or more hours with my schedule and even if I did I just couldn't im completely exhausted daily so I'm not sure what to do at this point. My old schedule allowed me to do so but that schedule is no longer an option and won't be going forward so I'm feeling very stressed about this all and I'm not sure what to do (burner account used for privacy reasons)
Hey man I understand that I used to have over 40 freshwater aquariums and then I had over 67 beehives and then I had over 13 classic cars to work on! I understand where your coming from I had to sell all my freshwater about 30 beehives and all but 2 of my classic cars!! But then two years later i figured some things out and it helped me get my time back! What you need to do is get a schedule set and stick to it!! And if you have to sell you aquarium then you have to buy in a year or two who knows you might find the time to try it again!!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are ready to move on, advertise a complete system for sale locally and if you are lucky, you will find someone to take everything at once. Or part it out and make a few more bucks, but have to deal with the hassle. Or if you think you just need a year or two off, sell the livestock and store the equipment.

Falc!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tok bad u dont have more to invest in it....u can always automate it a lot more and less work on u

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Lion King Throw GIF

CHUCK IT

(honestly if you got time to post and scroll thru R2R, you got time for this hobby. You've just lost your enthusiasm. Chuck it...)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Years ago I was there and got rid of livestock and put the rest away knowing I would return and left me with little to no equipment to buy

phillybean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two personal experiences that may help...

1 - I was in the same situation, new job that I was working minimum 12, often 13 or 14 hours a day and sometimes up to 16. Was a management trainee position so took a pay cut to get into the program and couldn't afford equipment to automate anything. Had a new puppy at home, couldn't balance the tank, time with the wife and training the dog. With the neglect, the tank starting looking terrible so I broke the tank down and sold everything. Got back into it when time and money were no long (as big of) and issue.

2 - I've never been a gym guy, but getting closer to 40, I felt I needed to get into shape. Never had time, never had the energy. Changed my routine where I go in the morning before work. I've never been a morning person, but for the past year I've been getting up at 5:30 and it's working great. Maybe you could change your light schedule to come on super early and do your tank maintenance in the early mornings until your schedule lightens up.

OP
OP
Dyslexic tang

Dyslexic tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your advice guys. I think I'll go the tear down and store route until I can make time for the tank

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back