I finally decided to join...don't know what took me so long

md2882

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I set up my first Reef tank in 2006 after having a 20 gallon fresh set up for years. I started with a 55 gal hang on back setup with a two bulb ATI fixture an a octopus 1000 hob skimmer. I was fairly successful even though I had know idea all i didn't know. after a couple of years i jumped in with both feet and transitioned to a 60" 120 with a "real" octopus skimmer a sicce syncra 5.0 pump (they had just been released) and a super fancy digital aquatics reef keeper controller and 6 80W T5's. that tank was very successful for many years had a hammer coral go from 1 head to 30+, designer zoa's growing like weeds. and several encrusting montipora. growth was so good I was trading my LFS frags for supplies and didn't need to spend a dime on salt or alk and calicum supplements. A stuck heater ended ALL the corals in that tank. luckily a was able to save my Naso, Yellow, and Tomini Tangs and my clown fish. lost everything else. that tank is still running with the same pump, skimmer (couple of pump replacements), and DA Reef keeper. I did get 4 hydra 52's when they came out before anyone truly understood how to manage the power of these lights. I had every intension of upgrading and even bought a custom 60x27x23 tank. that tank has sat in my garage for 5 years. I know have the bug again and am installing that tank with every bell and whistle I can think of. gonna start the build thread in a couple of days.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score