I Found a auto top off for under $50

585NanoReefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2020
Messages
12
Reaction score
22
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was browsing the web for a auto top off for my new nano tank. I came across this company called Marine Magic and seen they had a dual float auto top off under $50. In the kit was a pump, dual float switch ,control box ,line and a capsule for the floats so you dont have to worry about snails hitting it and overflowing the tank. The float capsule is magnetic so the control box sticks to the out side very clean set up. Everything plugs right into the box so you dont need two outlets. I move the box just a little bit and the pump kicks on not like my old jbj where the hole float had to drop. I must say I am very impressed with this ATO for under $50




20200128_135927.jpg
20200128_144757.jpg
20200128_143034.jpg
20200128_142937.jpg
20200128_143042.jpg
 
I may have to try this one out. I really hate to spend $100. plus for an ATO. I made my own for my old 120 and it worked great for years. For my 29 AOI I went with the Digiten off of Amazon. I like the layout of it with the dual float system except for the fact that the main float has failed to turn off the pump twice!! Makes me feel like eventually the safety shut off float will also fail and overflow my tank...

How high will it pump?
 
I just ordered one! Thank you so much for the tip!
 
This things working very well went thru a liter of water last night and the line I marked is dead on with the float
 
That's a fantastic deal! Cheaper than my diy even :)
 
Almost 2 months now very consistent I just seen other day they made it to amazon I hope other products as well
 
I may have to try this one out. I really hate to spend $100. plus for an ATO. I made my own for my old 120 and it worked great for years. For my 29 AOI I went with the Digiten off of Amazon. I like the layout of it with the dual float system except for the fact that the main float has failed to turn off the pump twice!! Makes me feel like eventually the safety shut off float will also fail and overflow my tank...

How high will it pump?
Hey, i might buy a Digiten ATO as well. Is it a good, reliable ATO?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new