I got confused about aquaforest 3in1 solution

TonyHanke

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2025
Messages
93
Reaction score
37
Location
Warsaw, Poland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to ask if I'm supposed to use a salt mix along aquaforest 3in1 solution? This is a question for future tank. From what I've seen I don't have to use salt when using component 1+2+3+, ans 3in1 solution is apparently it all mixed right?

BTW second question, did anyone use af life bio fil? Is it good?
 
First, mix up a tank full of regular salt mix to ocean density.

As the corals grow, (and after mixing up the initial ocean mix) dose the Aquaforest 3 in 1 to replace elements that the growing corals uptake from the water. Dose to replace!
 
First, mix up a tank full of regular salt mix to ocean density.

As the corals grow, (and after mixing up the initial ocean mix) dose the Aquaforest 3 in 1 to replace elements that the growing corals uptake from the water. Dose to replace!
Okay, that makes sense. I'm just starting to learn reef chemistry, so forgive my question, isn't NaCl consumed too?
 
Okay, that makes sense. I'm just starting to learn reef chemistry, so forgive my question, isn't NaCl consumed too?

No. Sodium chloride and various other elements (e. G., sulfur as sulfate) are main components of seawater but are not consumed.
 
Oh, my bad, I remember it now, humans need sodium chloride, so the blood where it's dissolved mimics environment of prime ocean from which terrestrial life emerged. At least that's what I remember from my biology lessons.
 
First, mix up a tank full of regular salt mix to ocean density.

As the corals grow, (and after mixing up the initial ocean mix) dose the Aquaforest 3 in 1 to replace elements that the growing corals uptake from the water. Dose to replace!
And when I'm changing the water, I should use salt, right?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new