i guess no oct meet???

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
granted paul (haydenp)at discovery world in milwaukee said he would host it there with a group discount on tickets for the rest of the place(its worth it) but no one wants to do it ????? why?

i wish i could do a meet here but im trying to get the 150 up befor winter so i really have no time to organize for a meet.

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all
i'm hosting a meeting on oct 25th at my house
i am in both the rhinelander club and the valley club because i'm about half way in between them, and would welcome anyone who is willing to make the drive to wabeno - about 1.5 hrs north of gb
the meetings agenda:
A) fragging demo, i am going to frag a couple SPS, zoas, shrooms, and LPS from my tank. we have a couple of newer reefers who would like to see how it is done. i have a brand new band saw i want to show off and try out and would be willing to cut a coral or two if someone wants to bring one as well
B) check out my new 36x36x24 rimless tank and basement sump system that i have been working on for the last 10 months. the tank is still just beginning but it does have a few cool attributes to share
C) discuss our upcoming swap - april 2010 in rhinelander and what we can do to attract more people (those who attended know that there were plenty of nice frags, raffels, and auctions - but overall attendance could have been better)

it will be a very informal gathering - just a few people who like to reef talk mostly
pm for directions or i'll pm you an address to google

tc269

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C) discuss our upcoming swap - april 2010 in rhinelander and what we can do to attract more people (those who attended know that there were plenty of nice frags, raffels, and auctions - but overall attendance could have been better)

i thought you guys were just doing it on the off year of fosters swap isnt theres in 2010?? Thanks

OP
OP
customcolor

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rummer has it that fosters will NOT have any more swaps...i heard that at the discovery world swap

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we thought that by moving the date up to april, we would be outside of their normal end of june/begining of july time frame, and therfore still put on a nice local swap. This way we can host our swap either way dr's F & S decide
the club really enjoyed having a swap and promoting reefing here in the northwoods, and feel that we have the facility and resources to do a good job
we had a great raffel with many really nice prizes given away and most of the venders/traders have already told us they would be interested in attending. we feel that if we have that kind of pre committment from the quality fragers we had last year - people are sure to come check it out.
we hope to make the final decisions at this meeting and would enjoy having input from any of the wi clubs about how we can better meet the interests of local reefers and host a quality swap

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh yeah
besides the swap discussion - the fraging demo will be basic but informative to beginners, and i get to show off my new saw and my new tank :)

everyone is welcome

ftssep27b.jpg

OP
OP
customcolor

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good to hear....me and the wife plan on going to any swap thats with in a 4 hour drive to have fun selling...we think its more fun then buying :D

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey
while we are on the topic of swaps
does anyone who doesn't want to come all the way here for the meeting have any suggestions?
any ideas about time frame, raffle items, speakers?
what could we do better to attract more interest and get a better attendance

ontosrob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to second John's invitation to our meeting. It would be nice to meet you folks and it would give us an opportunity to start networking between our clubs. You'll also really enjoy seeing John's great set up. rob

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just bumping this up as a reminder the meeting is this weekend - everyone is welcome

also i decided that i may sell a couple odds and ends as well
these are for sale only at the meet - if noone needs them i'll just keep them

i have two aquapods i really don't need. obviously i got these for attending the frag swap at f&s but i can't give them away because they are really handy to have around for a frag tank, qt tank, or whatever.

a 12g - several years old but hardly used. i ran it as a qt tank for a little while and used it as a frag tank for the swap but really don't need it -these sell for over 200$ these days - i'll take 75$

1 24g - never used. this is the one i got from the frag swap with the cool round pc fixture. these sell for about 250$ with the standard hood and are not available modded out with the hanging pc pendent - i'll take 125$

a 30 gal (i think, maybe 37 ??, don't remember) standard tank useful as a sump for someone - free to a good home

Tunze 6000 pump. this is an awesome pump. 1800 gph or controlable. this pump blows maximods, koralias, rios and all the other cheap pumps out of the water. works great and i'll throw in a magnet. the only reason i'm selling it is because i just bought another tunze 6100 and have all the flow i need. - i'll take 150$ this is a good price, i payed 180$ 3 months ago

Bri Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am seriously thinking of going to John's meeting, is any one else in our club interested in going? carpool? LMK

ontosrob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you can make it!

It is going to be a informal meeting, with most of the time takeup drooling over John's setup, sawing frags and lots of b-sing! Also, it would be nice to meet you folks!

Rob

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 133 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back