I need an aquarium buddy in Central Texas

Chriscorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m up in North Texas, sorry to say, but check with the LFS’s in your area. They could let you know of any groups.

IMG_0708.jpeg
Where abouts in North Texas

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a hobby person my whole life. I've had freshwater tanks for years but now that I've recently gotten into saltwater I'm floundering (hehehehe) and need a mentor. I keep finding myself wishing I had a friend in the area who is just as crazy about this stuff as I am. This is the first time in all my hobby life that I've wished for a friend who is into the same thing. There's so much to learn!!! I am driving the patient folks at my LFS crazy with questions. I go in there about 3 days a week just to walk around and look at everything in the tanks. I don't think there are swaps or groups that meet anymore near Austin but if there are any other folks out there who want to meet up I'd love it. Or let me know of any cool LFS's or groups as far as an hour or two from Austin.

I've got about 3 more threads I'm getting ready to post that I've been too shy to put up.
Queen of Reef is married

OP
OP
mdpitts

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fairly new to the hobby and semi local in San Marcos. I haven't come across any swaps or frag meets.

Aquadome is my favorite LFS I've come across so far. Hunter at Aquadome is amazing!

Welcome!
Yes! That’s where I go. They are awesome. I live and work within a few miles of Aqua-Dome. If you haven’t been recently you should swing by because they re-surfaced the Dome and added a cool entryway. San Marco isn’t that far at all.

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve heard Rockport is a cool place. A co-worker from a few jobs ago used to tell me it was a great place to go.
I moved here from cedar park in 2021.
It's a good place to come depending on what you want to do.... and if you don't drive like a maniac.

OP
OP
mdpitts

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved here from cedar park in 2021.
It's a good place to come depending on what you want to do.... and if you don't drive like a maniac.
That’s funny because I’m so crazy about all this I was thinking maybe I should move to a place near the ocean or a place that has a lot more activity like clubs and fish stores. I didn’t get like this with my freshwater tanks

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s funny because I’m so crazy about all this I was thinking maybe I should move to a place near the ocean or a place that has a lot more activity like clubs and fish stores. I didn’t get like this with my freshwater tanks
Well it's definitely nice down here.
Although we never go fishing anymore even though we live down here.
Definitely not many fish stores and no clubs.
We have 2 salt fish stores and they're both in corpus.

Nice part is you can go edge to edge of town in 15 min.
You can be next town over in 10.

(((Just realized this is my 1000th message

Last edited:
OP
OP
mdpitts

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's definitely nice down here.
Although we never go fishing anymore even though we live down here.
Definitely not many fish stores and no clubs.
We have 2 salt fish stores and they're both in corpus.

Nice part is you can go edge to edge of town in 15 min.
You can be next town over in 10.

(((Just realized this is my 1000th message
Woot! Congrats on your thousandth message! That’s kinda funny.

ashtonnnnn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a hobby person my whole life. I've had freshwater tanks for years but now that I've recently gotten into saltwater I'm floundering (hehehehe) and need a mentor. I keep finding myself wishing I had a friend in the area who is just as crazy about this stuff as I am. This is the first time in all my hobby life that I've wished for a friend who is into the same thing. There's so much to learn!!! I am driving the patient folks at my LFS crazy with questions. I go in there about 3 days a week just to walk around and look at everything in the tanks. I don't think there are swaps or groups that meet anymore near Austin but if there are any other folks out there who want to meet up I'd love it. Or let me know of any cool LFS's or groups as far as an hour or two from Austin.

I've got about 3 more threads I'm getting ready to post that I've been too shy to put up.
Welcome from Sarasota, FL

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back