I guess this goes here. Mantis shrimp specie

Terrorizer777

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2021
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Guntown
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I need some help. I got a mantis shrimp from a great pet shop. But the problem is whenever they ordered it I was getting a mystery. It came out to be a spearing mantis shrimp but the thing we don’t know is would be the species of the shrimp. I am not a expert on classifying them just depreciating if it’s a a spearer or Basher. Can anyone help me out here? If needed I can send better pictures.

05B0953D-301A-4DF9-8959-4BD0B155E3B1.jpeg F4B55944-F0F7-4B23-8533-3AC179AFC1FC.jpeg 622C6128-B340-45DB-AB21-43052C1BA2E5.jpeg 9FF66888-A78E-4D19-969C-66C0BA406D82.jpeg
 
Cape mantis shrimp and often a common hitchhiker amongst live rock
 
Cape mantis shrimp and often a common hitchhiker amongst live rock
Thank you very much! First mantis shrimp and all! Do you have any idea how to gender them? I saw something about dots and stuff but I don’t know
 
Thank you very much! First mantis shrimp and all! Do you have any idea how to gender them? I saw something about dots and stuff but I don’t know
Dots and pattern mainly on the peacock variety
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new