I hate frag racks

Very nice! I hate racks as well. Every scratch in my glass is from a frag rack. Learned to never put them on the front glass after my RSR250.

012F1DEF-0293-483C-A061-3776A363D675.jpeg 963CF6D3-1ECC-4737-86CA-42125924DC3D.jpeg
 
Is it plumbed directly into your sump. Can u share pics of the plumbing. Would like to replicate
Yes. It’s an Elos 12” cube
https://www.aquariumspecialty.com/elos-classic-essential-aquarium-7-9-gallons.htmlI would of gone bigger if I had more space but this is the only spot that the wife would approve of.
I drilled the back and installed this over flow
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/inout-overflow-and-pulsing-return-system-xaqua.htmlAnd applied a black back ground.
I can’t remember the exact return pump I used but it’s in line with what the overflow manufacturer recommends. The overflow return has had a built in wave/pulsing action. So the water is pumped in from the sump and returned to the sump.
 
I saw some really nice natural-looking frag racks made out of what I think was resin (so kind of like a coral insert) at RAP Chicago.
 
I too hate frag racks in my display. I went with a external recirculating skimmer and turned the skimmer chamber of my sump to a frag tank complete with a gen4 xr15 pro and a mp10.
 
My whole 180 gallon tank has started to become a frag tank lol. I got 5 racks just in the main display of cut corals healing/growing for me for when I get back in town... don't mention all the growout plates on the ground as well as my "frag tank" in a sump lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new