I have 11 baby clownfish, what can I do with them?

D E N I N O

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish began breeding a month or so ago, I moved the first batch into another tank and began raising them. They will be 3 weeks old on Friday.

I didn't get many viable eggs, it was their first batch. I had about 16 hatch but some didn't make it. I have 11 left.

I've become quite attached to them, I think I want to keep them. The problem is how do I go about this?

I have 2 tanks, a 60l ex-QT system that the parents are living in. I had to remove them from my display tank because they became very aggressive in my reef.

My reef is about 200l, it's pretty well stocked.

I'm not against a new tank, I think another tank filled with RBTA's could be quite easy to maintain and also rewarding...

But what kind of system would I have to build to house 11 clownfish?

I know BRS did a big series on this, I did watch it but would like some more thoughts.

Would a 24" cube be big enough?

Thanks

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congratulations on the successful spawn! The bigger the tank then often the longer you will be able to keep the harem together, however at some point it is common to have to break up the band and move them to new homes as they pair off and become less tolerant of tank mates. Good luck with whatever you choose!

Back