i have a 6 months old Apex and cant get salinity probe to calibrate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dante411x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heh, same here. I had to run a manual calibration originally (early January) and it worked. Then tried to recalibrate it and nothing worked. The auto mode doesn’t work at all and manual mode has the dry settled number at 759 and in solution it settles at 740....

If you find a solution, I’d love to know it.

zulin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I also had some issues with the salinity probe, but as others told in previous replies I used the ticket system from Neptune Systems and the support was really fast and helpful. They sent to me the steps for running the manual calibration and I had to send to them the result of the different steps. After that, the probe works fine and pretty steady.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trick is to use your actual tank water instead of their solution. Like after the dry step, put it into your sump instead of the 35000 solution..... will set current tank conditions to 35ppt.

(Of course this assumes you’ve checked the tank and it IS at 35ppt)

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not trust that probe. It's well known to drift even if calibrated correctly. Some have no problem but most know to NEVER TRUST IT.

The best way to use that salinity probe is to disconnect it and place it in the garbage.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trick is to use your actual tank water instead of their solution. Like after the dry step, put it into your sump instead of the 35000 solution..... will set current tank conditions to 35ppt.

(Of course this assumes you’ve checked the tank and it IS at 35ppt)

Yes, that is how I got mine to work.

Japtastic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had the same thing on a 6 month old probe. Spoke to Neptune yesterday with remote support and they are going to RMA it. Lets hope the new one lasts longer.

ReeferBud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never been able to get my Neptune salinity probe to work. No matter how many times I try to calibrate it.

I’ve just given up on getting it to read 35 ppt and for some reason it reads 28 ppt when the tank is actually 35 ppt. Now I just use it as a way to detect any variation from the 28 ppt it reads as a sign that something is wrong.

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not trust that probe. It's well known to drift even if calibrated correctly. Some have no problem but most know to NEVER TRUST IT.

The best way to use that salinity probe is to disconnect it and place it in the garbage.
I agree. With an ATO, measuring salinity manually once a week works well.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 33 49.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.0%
Back