I have a clam question for you?

  • Thread starter Thread starter skinz78
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2009
Messages
21,938
Reaction score
638
Location
lovely rainy NW Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been keeping clams for many years now and I have also been helping fellow clam enthusiasts with their clam dilemma's for quite some time too. Lately I have been thinking of making up some info sticky's on clam keeping and I am wondering what you all would like to see in them.

So please send in the suggestions and I will do my best to work something up. Just remember there are still a lot of unknown's when it comes to clams but like I said I will do my best to answer any questions.
 
Clams will not eat dried phyto must be the live stuff and clams under 2" are much more difficult to make happy as they usually require live food for most of their nutrients
I've always wanted to know how to get a Maxima clam to sit sideways on a rock face like they do in nature???
 
I would like to see something showing the differences in each type of clam. What they look like, where they liked to be placed, names, etc..
 
How about possible predators, how to choose a healthy clam from the start, and other care requirements.
0f5f9695-f7f9-4e86-86b7-e6b8e8dcd067
1.03.01
 
I've been thinking about keeping clams, and I would love to have a chart with each type and then some quick facts, such as if they like to be placed on sand or rock, and how much light they need. I'd just like it all laid out so I can easily compare.
 
OK, I will be in contact in a bit, I have some other projects going on right now and will get on this when those are done.
 
I always wondered what the survival rate of those little baby clams was, is there a size for success?
 
Honestly I try to stay away from the little Maxima's "2" or less" but any of the others are fine at this size.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new