I have a couple questions

Calvin Lord

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are your thoughts on high capacity GFO, have you used it and how long did you find it was good for?

Also Seachem Phosphate test kit, are they reliable?

KSzegi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the length of time the gfo will last is very dependent upon each tank - will vary with starting level, amount of feeding and livestock etc. Personally I use the BRS high capacity gfo and change it about every 6 weeks. I really dont' know how it compares to the regular - I went with the hc because it is a large tank (300) and the smaller amount of hc required gives a lot more room in the reactor - which allows easier tumbling and doesn't cake and/or channel.

Never used the seachem phosphate kit so can't help you there. Personally I switched to the hanna checker for measuring phosphate and never regretted it.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a BRS reactor with the HC GFO and Carbon. I usually change once a month both medias same time. It has kept my tank looking really clear and slowly reducing the growth of HA.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have never consistently used GFO. I need to try and see what positive results it can add to my tank that is doing well already.

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I can't help.

I just use macro algae to keep my phosphates unmeasureable with the salifert phosphate kit (under .25 ppm or so).

oh perhaps that helped. LOL

my .02

OP
OP
C

Calvin Lord

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i resolved my issue with the test kits. the seachem test says there .05 in my 5 gal nano and the hanna checker says there 1.05. its un readable on my 29 gallon with the seachem and the checker says its .05 wich is low enough for me concidering i just moved the tank a week or so ago

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back