I have ich

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything I can say do to in courage eating other than garlic. Have been soaking all food in garlic selcon metro and focus. Stopped feeding tang metro/focus once introduced to quarantine but still soaking in garlic and selcon except for the last piece I put in. Would transferring to from the 13 gallon to a 30 help?
Minimize stress. Don't move him again. Let him settle in.

OP
OP
B

beginnerreefer04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Minimize stress. Don't move him again. Let him settle in.
Well he is starting to look better his pupils are not as small as they were yesterday and he has gotten more yellow to him. He has not eaten though and his gut is looking concave. Worried if he doesn’t eat tonight he’s not gonna make it. Tried nori pellets frozen foods all soaked in garlic and selcon and also tried without soaking no interest at all

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well he is starting to look better his pupils are not as small as they were yesterday and he has gotten more yellow to him. He has not eaten though and his gut is looking concave. Worried if he doesn’t eat tonight he’s not gonna make it. Tried nori pellets frozen foods all soaked in garlic and selcon and also tried without soaking no interest at all
I feel that this is totally stressful for you. I sympathize. There is only so much we can do, and I feel like you are doing all you can. That is all you can do. The outcome is what it is. Rest easy that you are doing all you can. You are doing your best. That is all that can be expected.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To try and encourage eating you could try offering live worms (black worms, white worms, blood worms, etc.) or Artemia/Artemia nauplii - movement typically encourages feeding, and a lot of people report their fish going for worms and brine shrimp like candy. I don't know if it would help at all at this point, but it might be worth a shot.

OP
OP
B

beginnerreefer04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. My baby yellow tang ate a few pellets last night for the first time since being added to quarantine and today began eating off his nori clip again. Huge relief as his gut was starting to look extremely small. My Order to set up my last two tanks is taking longer then expected not gonna have it until Wednesday. Everyone else in the tank is still looking ok except for my blenny who is getting very itchy. I will set up another tank for him tonight and move him and my clowns into it. Once I get my 30 gallon my angle fire fish and flame hawk will all be added and the fallow period will begin. My last problem is I will be going to Florida in mid January and will have someone taking care of my fish. I cannot burden them with all the extra steps I’m taking during quarantine so I’m still lost as to how I can manage quarantine for the 10 days I will be gone.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cancel your trip to Florida. Nothing to see here and it's way too full already. I can snap a few pics and send them to you instead. Lol

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back