I have the worst luck with Chromis...

mayanreefer71

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My recommendation.....buy a big lot of them and see who survives till the end of the month! If a few die off, guess they didn't deserve it! Lol

BradB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chromis aren't easy beginner fish. They are so cheap, no care is taken shipping them, and they don't ship well. They tend to kill each other off when kept together.

They are recommended to beginners because they are so cheap, aren't sensitive to water quality, and unlike most damsels, there is little chance you regret adding them later.

RoyalGrammaJohn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I read your statement correctly your doing or did 2 100% water changes. In my opinion that is unnecessary and dangerous as u are adding 5-6 fish in a tank where it’s more than likely knocking out the cycle. You should never do more than a 40-50% water change. Even if your adding bacteria it isn’t the same thing. My hunch is there getting so stressed out because of the lack of cycled water in the tank. Plus your adding 5-6 in there too.

RoyalGrammaJohn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I read your statement correctly you are doing or did 2 100% water changes. That’s way too much. You should never do more than a 40-50% water change. Sounds like your adding 5-6 chromis in a tank with hardly any cycled water. Even if u added bacteria that might not be helping with that many fish at once in there and they are getting stressed out which is causing them to get sick. I have/had chromis’ and they are bulletproof. Just my opinion though.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 38 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 145 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back