I heard a new ORA coral has been released!!!

NapoliNewJersey

Achilles Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is amaaaaaaazzzzing!!!!!

The purple is nice but when it was blue it looked really good.

50228MI-blue-tip-102805.jpg

Biertrinker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Roscoe's I have seen in person are really close to the ORA blue tort, but with more green to the body of the colony. Haven't seen one quite like that pictured at vividaq though.

bamachamp92

WIL E. COYOTE SUPERGENIUS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive Seen A Couple Of Roscoes But I Havent Seen One Spread Out And Have Multiple Columns Coming Up Off The Top Like The Picture At Vivid. I Had Kind Of Decided Not To Get The Roscoes Since I Have A Ora Blue Tort, But The One In The Picture Looks Completely Different

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive Seen A Couple Of Roscoes But I Havent Seen One Spread Out And Have Multiple Columns Coming Up Off The Top Like The Picture At Vivid. I Had Kind Of Decided Not To Get The Roscoes Since I Have A Ora Blue Tort, But The One In The Picture Looks Completely Different
it looks diffrent too me also. maybe some one will post some pics for us too go by

fragjunkie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got in some ORA pieces. Pretty happy with the order except the blue millie wasn't blue

NapoliNewJersey

Achilles Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Pearlberry bleached the other day ... no reason just died. All my other corals that were on the frag rack are all fine..... no idea.

On a brighter note... my Hawkins Echinata got crazy blue going on.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW......there are 2 pink jade frags sitting in our LFS for almost 2 weeks or more. they look ok, but not for $70-$100. (i think they are for $90/each).

if they were like $50...i may get one. but for anything over $70 its gotta be special.....would rather get a similar species coral like pink jade or aquadelight for that kind of price tag.

these ORA prices are just getting insane.......i have been a big fan of ORA corals in the past, but i think i'm gonna boycott them for now on. they are getting too greedy in pricing their corals.

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW......there are 2 pink jade frags sitting in our LFS for almost 2 weeks or more. they look ok, but not for $70-$100. (i think they are for $90/each).

if they were like $50...i may get one. but for anything over $70 its gotta be special.....would rather get a similar species coral like pink jade or aquadelight for that kind of price tag.

these ORA prices are just getting insane.......i have been a big fan of ORA corals in the past, but i think i'm gonna boycott them for now on. they are getting too greedy in pricing their corals.

i think you mean pearlberry. i got one for less than 60 from russellaquaculture (65-20%). i wouldn't have paid the 90 they are going for locally.

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice twon, i almost killed mine....lol

hence will need some time to recover and color back up. if it turns blue instead of green like when i got it....i will have no complaints.

theres something about my glue or something that is really stressing my corals out when i glue them. same super glue i've used for years.....the glue company must be using a new formulation or something.

my dustins deepwater that i almost killed is finally coloring back up and encrusting. even has a small purple tip.....yay! lol

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Pearlberry bleached the other day ... no reason just died. All my other corals that were on the frag rack are all fine..... no idea.

On a brighter note... my Hawkins Echinata got crazy blue going on.

i think you mean pearlberry. i got one for less than 60 from russellaquaculture (65-20%). i wouldn't have paid the 90 they are going for locally.

yeah, meant pearlberry, i shouldn't be allowed to drink and type on a weeknight...lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back