I just lost my favorite fish

Fishology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I woke up to see my Wyoming clown male dead under a rock. I don’t know how or why. I did a 50% water change the other clown seems fine she’s also a Wyoming clown. I believe it’s t May of been death by exhaustion as I believe he may of gotten stuck under the rock and was unable to get out. His fins were ripped so it may of been form struggle if under the rock. It’s vary sad as he’s was one of my first sparser fish ever I have been in the hobby almost three years now and he would of been in num tank for around a year as I had a other clown i there. I hope this doesn’t happen again

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any recent additions? Fish don't just get stuck. Usually when this situation arises it is due to a different root cause and the fish was already sick prior.

OP
OP
Fishology

Fishology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any recent additions? Fish don't just get stuck. Usually when this situation arises it is due to a different root cause and the fish was already sick prior.
No the last fish was in a over 2months ago but then was moved to a other tank do to aggression

OP
OP
Fishology

Fishology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He did seem to have a indent in his abdomen I believe it was do to Decaying after death

Jim Gomoll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your beloved male clown passing away.
Might be something to do with the new moon phase or maybe she just wanted a divorce?

Yesterday my male Clarkii was cowering in a corner and she just kept pestering and nipping at him. I relocated him to a Domestic Abuse QT tank shelter so his fin wounds can heal as she cools off.

OP
OP
Fishology

Fishology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your beloved male clown. Hope he heals up and makes it.
Might be something to do with the new moon phase or maybe she just wanted a divorce?

Yesterday my male Clarkii was cowering in a corner and she just kept pestering and nipping at him. I relocated him to a Domestic Abuse QT tank shelter so his fin wounds can heal as she cools off.
Thanks sadly they couldn’t find a agreement and he is b no longer with us, the female is now serving life in solidarity

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back