I love feedback.

SfSteady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yrs ago I had a biocube. Here's me coming back to the hobby. Got to visit a coral trade event this past Sunday. SoCal Coral Friends props to them. Everyone was extremely nice! Got me even more excited to get going.

I got this 29 gallon biocube with stand on the cheap and gave it a little makeover. Even if I had the money for a new all in one I don't like the square look.

My rock gassing off the bleach for a couple days. More rock then I'm going to use but might as well do it all. Mixing my salt tomorrow and I Should be rdy to scape and add water Saturday .Also I have to prep the glass. Get those water stains off. Any tips on that?
IMG_20200225_142505314_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200225_210559423_HDR.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi vinegar soak rag lay on wipe clean couple hrs

ReeferSteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your wall outlet doesn’t seem to be seated correctly. I would inspect that, and while you’re at it you might as well throw in a GFCI.

I’m a sucker for a good bio cube myself. Any stocking or additional equipment plans?

OP
OP
SfSteady

SfSteady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your wall outlet doesn’t seem to be seated correctly. I would inspect that, and while you’re at it you might as well throw in a GFCI.

I’m a sucker for a good bio cube myself. Any stocking or additional equipment plans?
GFI is a great idea, nice catch!

On my previous bio cube I also had a Rena xp2 running. What ended up happening was it became a nice home for copods. I didn't use it for filtration per say even though it picked up a good amount of bio load. Reduced the stress on the intank media and added water and flow since I don't have plans for adding a sump on this one.

I know it's hugely unpopular but dang that tank was clean and so healthy. No water changes towards the end. Just too offs

For the moment just a couple old school power heads I have from yrs ago. Thanks for commenting.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back