I made a mistake with the LPS votes...

Should I include Oulophyllia in the LPS votes?

• Yes

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to come clean...

Anyway I just realized that I made a mistake with the LPS vote events. during the first round I forgot to include Oulophyllia, (which at the time i was unaware that it existed) and now that I realized I'm well into round 3. So I need your help, should I slip it into round 4, against acans and Acanthastrea, or should we forget about this LPS and move on?

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think I’ve seen one in person either; they’re probably an uncommon export. the Oulophyllia I’ve seen online are only wild colonies.
Based on genetic data, Oulophyllia shares a clade with Caulastrea, Astraeosmilia, Pectinia, and Mycedium.

OP
OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think I’ve seen one in person either; they’re probably an uncommon export. the Oulophyllia I’ve seen online are only wild colonies.
Based on genetic data, Oulophyllia shares a clade with Caulastrea, Astraeosmilia, Pectinia, and Mycedium.
If I do include them I was thinking of putting then against chalice. Anyway, if all goes right then I'm picking up one this week!

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I do include them I was thinking of putting then against chalice. Anyway, if all goes right then I'm picking up one this week!
I think you should have split up chalices into the 4 genera (or 5/6, but Echinomorpha are rarely exported and Paraechinopora are not exported). Some chalice genera are better than others.

OP
OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paraechinophyllia*
By the way, any care tips for Oulophyllia? A few years back my LFS had a colony, they say its very similar to platygyra and favia carewise, though do you know anything about aggression? Will it put out sweepers? Can i put it close to the moseleya that I'm also picking up soon?

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way, any care tips for Oulophyllia? A few years back my LFS had a colony, they say its very similar to platygyra and favia carewise, though do you know anything about aggression? Will it put out sweepers? Can i put it close to the moseleya that I'm also picking up soon?
Not sure about aggression; maybe watch it for a few days to see if any sweepers come out.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 85.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 7.4%
Back