I might have killed my disco....

  • Thread starter Thread starter D'sreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

D'sreef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2025
Messages
937
Reaction score
2,927
Location
Parrish, AL
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I had a disco mushroom that was on a rock that is my Pandora zoa colony. Just found it a week or so ago. So have doing research and watching a few videos, I decided to remove said mushroom and place it in a box with rubble. I did manage to remove the mushroom and it's foot ( separately via scalpel), and place it in the home made mushroom box (RIP my wife's Tupperware that was new). Down side is I mangled it pretty badly. What's the chances that I just murdered my freebie? And what can I expect, and how long do I need to leave said box in before I throw it out.
 
So you sliced the foot clean off? Could still recover but it might be a while before it reattaches and where you cut the foot, it should grow a new shroom. IDE say u got a 50/50 chance. Slicing the foot clean off could be enough trauma to make the shroom melt over the next few days who knows. All you can do now is wait and observe
 
If you just cut it today then it will look shrivelled and withered, you should see it improve in a day or two. I've reached in with scissors and cut mushrooms off at the stem and they usually recover.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new