I need a dc return pump

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am bored with my rio return pump, its time to upgrade to a new one. I have an apex so i would like to use it if possible. Im leaning toward a jabao because of tbe price. Ive heard newer ones are better but i dont know how to know which ones are the newrst. I have a 75gal, would be nice to also run my reactors off it also

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am bored with my rio return pump

How in the world do you become "bored" with a return pump? Lol

I have a Varios on my 75g and it's been awesome. It somehow keeps my attention and I've not become bored with it yet, lol.

OP
OP
J

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, im just saying i use 2 rio's, one for return one for reactors. With a dc i can prob use just 1 with a manifold, tweak the output to run the return and reactor off it

Reefnoobz90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I'm lucky but my jaebo dcp 8500 pump is running strong for the last 18 month. Just cleaned it and it looks like new. I think I paid $80 for it, I bought 2 one for the tank and a backup that mixes salt just in case I need it.

rockskimmerflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to be bored with my return pump lol. Too much 'excitement' potential with cheap DC pumps so I avoid them like the plague for return duty. Reactors or wavemaking is fine since it's not mission critical

GAcoral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never used DC pumps until now with a “Varios” one, I’ve had ran Rio and different size Mag’s
I really like the convenience to choose the gph and to put the pump in stand by for feeding with the DC pumps.

OP
OP
J

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do not need a DC pump. I would urge us to look at a Fluval Sp or Sicce pump that would work for your applications. I would rather have this than a jebao DC pump.
I like the idea of a dc because the flow cam be controlled, and it can attach to my apex.

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used simplicity's in the past. Never had a issue with those. Are local LFS uses them for all the tanks too. He said he has yet to have one fail in 2 years.

I did switch to vectras for the smaller form factor.

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am bored with my rio return pump, its time to upgrade to a new one. I have an apex so i would like to use it if possible. Im leaning toward a jabao because of tbe price. Ive heard newer ones are better but i dont know how to know which ones are the newrst. I have a 75gal, would be nice to also run my reactors off it also
I have been really happy with my 1050 eflux dc pump . Very quite and not as pricey as some other name brands on market.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DC return pumps are wonderful! I love being able to tweak my flow and shut down pump with a push of a button! I also like being able to reduce flow to a trickle when I’m feeding without shutting down return pump completely.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a DC9000 that I hardly used. It was used for a month before I swapped it out for an Ecotech. Saved the 9000 as a backup. I'm asking $75 for it.
bBMbx02l.jpg

jkcoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I miss the waveline pumps... I have a dc10000ii that's been bulletproof but the controllers were junk I augmented mine with a 60mm case fan to keep it cool and have had zero problems for three years now.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back