I NEED A DOCTOR!

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have being doing some major rescape in my tank, pulling 5 year old rocks and sand out of my tank, anyways got some spots on my hand, and both arms itching so bad, its being 3 weeks nowand its not going away. I have had my hands in my tabk many many times before, never had such thing before. Any of you seeing this befire after messing with tank?
16606670835671878739283254413876.jpg
16606671166798348882266105259105.jpg

ForgetfulLaughter413

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? It's extremely important that the community knows what exact species caused this, since there isn't a lot of data on it and it doesn't happen too often.

Hope all is well by now.

OP
OP
zheka757

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't say it was reef tank related, I was just mentioning I was working on a tank at that time. But what ever it was it took me 2 more weeks and that problem healed on its own with a help of peroxide rub before bed every night.
Got bigger problem now with my tank though, I'm one of the people who got trapped in my flooded comunity with no electricity from hurricane Ian. Got 5 more gallons of gas to run my tank on life support with generator, can't get out of the house to drive anywhere to get food or gas. (Thanks to reefing, got my self 150gallons of ro water, now it's drinking water) officials predict flooding is not going down for couple more days.
Got about 5k of live stock in my tank

blue-thumb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully, you have figured this out. It’s either impetigo or ring work. Apply lotrimin and/or a triple antibiotic. Give it two to four weeks to go away. It’s not reef cooties.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't say it was reef tank related, I was just mentioning I was working on a tank at that time. But what ever it was it took me 2 more weeks and that problem healed on its own with a help of peroxide rub before bed every night.
Got bigger problem now with my tank though, I'm one of the people who got trapped in my flooded comunity with no electricity from hurricane Ian. Got 5 more gallons of gas to run my tank on life support with generator, can't get out of the house to drive anywhere to get food or gas. (Thanks to reefing, got my self 150gallons of ro water, now it's drinking water) officials predict flooding is not going down for couple more days.
Got about 5k of live stock in my tank
Can you siphon more gas out of a vehicle safely if needed after the 5 gallons runs out???

OP
OP
zheka757

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got more gas and bigger generator today, I can actually run my return pump and lights 24/7 now, and my fridge also. So far so good, haven't seen any casualties in my tank.
Question, how much lights do corals need to stay alive? I mean i had them in the dark for 3 days, and don't want to go crazy on running lights on generator also. I have up to 6 more days of no power according to my electric company

OP
OP
zheka757

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you siphon more gas out of a vehicle safely if needed after the 5 gallons runs out???
Lol, I was thinking of doing that as my last option, luckily roads got somewhat clear where I can access on my suv to get gas

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, I was thinking of doing that as my last option, luckily roads got somewhat clear where I can access on my suv to get gas
Just after I commented on your misfortunate situation and after losing power for 13 or so hours ourselves , we lost power again yesterday . And I had to set up the bubblers again . But this time came back after a couple hours just before dark . Was almost ready to put prefrozen water bottles in the tank to cool it down . After 38 years in Florida I’m finally considering putting in a whole house generator . I’m just thankful to have a house to put one on . So many people in worse situation . So thankful !!! :smiling-face-with-tear:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back