I need help deciding!

SR52012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help picking between a Hammer or a Torch! I cant decide what one I want...

I have a 36 Gal, and i would like the hammer or torch to possible be a home to Clowns that I would like to get down the road... But my wife and I cant decide what one we want... any thoughts?

WetWhistle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the hammer better with the curved polyps. But really they have the same husbandry so you can't go wrong with both.

You should get both instead so you have no issue with choosing. :p

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd go with the Hammer coral as well. Torch corals can be kind of nasty sometimes. It will burn things up in a hurry if your not careful.

Btw, if you do go with a Hammer coral see if you can get the branching type instead of a wall. For whatever reason there seems to be a lot of threads out there nowadays where people are having problems with these.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2012/10/corals

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start with the hammer. Torches take up too much space and they grow so fast. I gave up on torches in my 200g tank because eveytime I turned around I had to move some coral farther away.

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one im looking out is a branching. ive never seen wall ones.
Branching hammer. Less aggressive and torches need more space for the length of its tentacles. Avoid wall hammers or frogspawn. They are much more demanding and have a poorer survival rate.

Back