I need help finding enclosures for my LED drivers

  • Thread starter Thread starter TDEcoral
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TDEcoral

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2017
Messages
359
Reaction score
376
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got three Meanwell LRS-350-48 and I'd like to put them each in an enclosure to protect them from exposure to saltwater/humidity. They have a fan, so it would need to be "breathable" or I suppose I could use a hole saw to cut a hole over the fan location. I have cable glands I can use to seal where the cables enter the enclosure. The drivers are 8.46" x 4.52" x 1.18".

Here's a link to the driver:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/MEAN-WELL/LRS-350-48?qs=ah3jBNVE1PSzhibo2xPJuA==
Does anyone have some ideas?
 
The problem with drivers is heat, so enclosing them is less than ideal.
This could shorten the life of the driver.

Putting them in a enclosure with a hole or two for air circulation to dissipate heat is a good idea BUT, the problem is, this does not eliminate the humidity issue and in fact potentially could create more of a collection of water inside the enclosure.

My recommendation not having seen your intended location is to put the in a vented enclosure outside of the hood or sump.
 
The possibilities are endless. I have my led power supplies mounted to the top of my hood. Free from salt, moisture, and well vented.

How about a picture of what your setup is?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new